The Bengali Beauty•
Posted on September 27 2014
The white saree with red border has been dominated by the bengali women. This Saree has been worn by bengali women on festivals, especially on durga puja. The saree looks ravishing and has a unique feel to it. The colour white denotes peace and purity while the colour red signifies love, passion and celebration; hence the white and red saree is worn on the last day of the durga puja that is Dussehra or dashmi. This Saree is made with different materials; however it’s much dominated by cotton. These sarees are available in cotton silk or muslin.
Complementing the saree are a few accessories that enhances the over all look of the Saree that includes the red Bindi, the bangles, sindoor and gold jewellery.
- If you wish to dress up in the white and red saree this durga puja, here are a few tips that would make you look like a true Bengali.
- With the bengali saree one can opt for a number of hairstyles however if your wish to have the tradition bengali look tie your hair in bun.
- Wear tradition gold jewellery.
- Don’t forget to apply the red bindi which is the most prominent and beautiful feature of the bengali look.
- Since the saree is combination the white and red colour make sure that you apply the right mount of make-up.
And lastly don’t forget to put on the smile which is the most important accessory of all.
Here are some essential style tips to make look gorgeous in a red and white saree.
Disclaimer: The images are just for reference purpose. We don’t claim ownership of any of them.
The images and videos used are property of the respective owners.
Contest: What does ...
We are sure you had a great time this Diwali. As always, we are here to give you an opportunity to celebrate once again. Share with us your thought...Read More
Contest: Why do peo...
Diwali is just a few days away, and here's a chance to make it even more special. Share with us your opinion and stand a chance to win this Black G...Read More
The Elegant Jacquar...
So much have we seen the Jacquard fabric. A pretty variety of fabric it is and we all love wearing saree made of this fabric. It’s unique in its ow...Read More