Trend Check: Skirts and Kurtis•
Posted on June 09 2014
We have a lot of options if we wish to go casuals in western, but how about ethnic. Apart from kurtis, chudidars, Patiala and salwaars here’s what you can wear and look chic in ethnic!
It’s gorgeous, it’s in vogue and its simply casual. This combination has been the hot favourite of a lot of our bollywood celebrities and fashionistas, the fabulous Kurti-Skirt attire.
Pull out that flared skirt out of your wardrobe or just buy one and team it up with a long kurti. If you love to experiment with your dressing and are always making sure to keep up with the trend, then this one is for you. A casual ethnic skirt has also been our favourite for the summers and also kurtis, but a skirt in place of a chudidar or a Patiala has been a successful combination. For seasons like summers where we prefer cotton fabrics and in monsoons when all we need is light weight fabric that are easy to dry, the Skirt-Kurti options serves just right.
But there are a few tips that you need to look at before donning this look.
- Clashing off two different prints might do a lot of harm. Make sure that both your skirt and kurti aren’t printed. One can have a nice striking print while the other can be plain.
- Make sure that your skirt is of appropriate length and not looking like a Ghagra.
- The flowy the better. If you have a flowy skirt than that’s just perfect. Opt for a nice cotton or net flared skirt.
- Since your attire itself would speak a lot, add just a hint of accessory to it. Remember less is more.
- And lastly, pair it up with nice and chic flats or mojaris.
Contest: What does ...
We are sure you had a great time this Diwali. As always, we are here to give you an opportunity to celebrate once again. Share with us your thought...Read More
Contest: Why do peo...
Diwali is just a few days away, and here's a chance to make it even more special. Share with us your opinion and stand a chance to win this Black G...Read More
The Elegant Jacquar...
So much have we seen the Jacquard fabric. A pretty variety of fabric it is and we all love wearing saree made of this fabric. It’s unique in its ow...Read More